About Amateur Radio
West TN APRS
Svc Comm Man.
Franklin Co ARES
APRS for Emcomm
Used Gear Dealers
APRS in Northwest Alabama
APRS operators in Northwest Alabama are currently served
by these digipeaters:
- KU4WW-1 in Barton (wide-coverage)
- WX4CC-1 in Tuscumbia (local)
- N4IDX-7 in Moulton
- KG4PID-15 in Bear Creek, AL
Screenshot of local activity taken by
WX4FC APRS Weather Station
The WX4FC (formerly NV4B-6 from 3/28/05-4/7/06) weather station is currently online at the Franklin County EOC in Belgreen, AL.
The station was installed Saturday, March 26, 2005 and began transmissions on Monday, March 28.
The station is a part of the North Alabama
Weather Station Network which is part of the Citizen Weather
Observation Program. Thanks to the following people for their assistance in making the
station a reality:
- Anthony Guillory, K4ARG for donation of the weather station
- Paul Meyer, KF4TTB for purchasing much of the hardware, coordinating the installation, and
performing much of the installation
- Roy Gober, KI4HFU and the Franklin County EMA for purchasing installation hardware
- and Jeff Dover, KU4WW for assisting with the installation
- Weather Station: Peet Ultimeter 2100
- Controller: Byonics WXTrak
View WX4FC Data:
Observed during Tropical Depression Dennis (250 KB HTML)
Observed during Tropical Storm Katrina
Though not reported on APRS, a wind gust of 47 MPH was
observed during the tropical storm. Additionally, the storm total rainfall approached 8 inches.